An essential requirement of good oral hygiene is maintaining clean teeth and gums. Regular dental checkups to the dentist’s office are one of the effective ways to ensure that teeth remain free of stains and accumulated bacteria.
What is Teeth Cleaning?
Teeth cleaning is an effective oral hygiene procedure that involves the removal of dental plaque from teeth’s surface. Regular teeth cleaning can keep you safe from dental conditions such as caries, gingivitis, periodontal diseases, and others. Although routine cleaning is a good practice of maintaining good oral hygiene, a dental hygienist can help remove hard deposits with a professional dental cleaning.
What happens during professional teeth cleaning?
- Physical ExaminationIt all starts with a physical examination of the oral cavity. The dental hygienist would use a small mirror-like instrument to check around the patient’s teeth and gums for any signs of gum inflammation, or other dental concerns.
- Removal of PlaqueThe presence of plaque and tartar can be easily removed from the teeth surface by using scalers. Tartar is hardened plaque and would essentially require additional time to remove them completely from teeth surface.
- CleansingOnce plaque and tartar are removed, the dentist would use a high-powered electric brush to deep clean and remove any tartar that’s left behind. Professional cleansing uses toothpaste that would gently scrub teeth to remove surface particles and minor stains.
- Rinsing and flossingRinsing and flossing are great ways to remove any existing food debris or particles.
- Fluoride TreatmentFluoride treatment can effectively help to fight against cavities and bacteria. The foamy gel would be placed over your teeth for a few seconds and removed, later. Fluorine is an essential component of the enamel that would assure its strength and durability.
To find out more about the professional teeth cleaning process, request an appointment with us at Tahoe Dental Arts, today. Call us at (530) 541-8229 or schedule an appointment online.